Simple security precautions can minimise the risk of burglary:
- Always lock all doors and windows when you leave your home.
- Never leave keys under mats or hanging on a string behind the letterbox.
- Always check the identity of callers before you let them in - all our staff and contractors carry photo identification. If you are unsure, contact us and we will be happy to confirm if they are a valid visitor and acting on our behalf.
- If you are away for a few days or more, cancel milk and newspaper deliveries.
- If you live in a block of flats with a door entry phone, never prop open the main door.
You can find more advice about improving your personal and home security on the Police.uk website. There may also be a local Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area - you can search for local schemes and find advice about starting a scheme on the Neighbourhood Watch Network website.
In an emergency, or if you witness a crime in progress or someone in danger, contact 999.
In non-emergency situations, you can contact the police to make an enquiry or to provid einformation on 101. You can also find details about your neighbourhood policing team via the Police.uk website.
Don’t let anyone into your home that you aren’t expecting and who can’t prove they are representing us. Call the Customer Contact Centre to check their identification. We use external contractors to carry out repair work. These contractors will always carry photo ID. They’ll always tell you before they visit your home, unless it is an emergency.Contact us
Contents and building insurance
Save money on insuring your home contents and find out more about what we cover through our buildings insuranceInsuring your home