We offer a variety of ways for you to pay. Take a look at the options below and see which one is right for you.
This is our preferred method of payment. Direct Debit is cheaper than other alternatives, which helps us keep the cost of collecting rents down, which in turn means we save more money to be reinvested into our communities.
It’s free, simple and convenient to arrange and ensures we receive your payments on time.
Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Orbit Group Limited will notify you five working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.
- If you request Orbit Group Limited to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Orbit Group Limited or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Orbit Group Limited asks you to.
You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
How do I set up a Direct Debit?
You can set up a Direct Debit online through My Account. Alternatively, you can download and complete the direct debit form below that is suitable for you.
If your rent increases, direct debits will be recalculated, taking into account the higher amount. We will confirm the new amounts to be taken from your account, giving you 5 working days’ notice of the change. If you receive benefits to help with your rent, and those payments are made directly to us, this might delay the process. Your direct debit won’t be changed until you receive the details of your new benefit entitlement.
You can cancel a direct debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. Please also let us know.
What other accounts can make payments for using Direct Debit?
- Supporting People - this is a sub account for which you pay for costs for your Independent Living costs like the use of you Orbit Response pendant etc. You should only choose this option if we have told you that you are required to pay for this service. If you are not sure whether you have to pay for this you can opt for a live chat or ask for someone to contact you via our website.
- Court costs - this is where Orbit have taken you to court and we have been awarded costs by the court which you have to pay.
Online payment by debit or credit card
You’ll need your tenancy reference number and your debit or credit card. You must be the card holder to pay using a credit or debit card.
A swipe card is a plastic card that holds your name and rent account number. It makes sure that any money you pay to us at a Post Office or PayPoint outlet will reach your rent account. It isn’t a credit card and has no value.
If you lose your swipe card, you can request a new one through My Account.
You can pay by standing order if you have a bank account. You have to tell your bank how much you want to pay and when. If any changes are needed you must tell your bank yourself.
If you wish to set up a standing order, please contact us for our bank details for payments. You’ll then need to contact your bank, or use online banking, to set up the standing order.
If your rent or other payments due to us increase, you’re responsible for telling your bank about the changes. If you don’t make these changes you may fall into debt by falling behind with your payments to us. You’ll find the new rent amount on your rent increase letter. This letter will also tell you the date when the new rent will begin.
We recommend Direct Debit as a more flexible alternative to standing orders. Direct Debit payments will automatically change if your payment amount needs to increase or decrease and you’ll be informed before any changes are made to the payment amounts.
Pay using an allpay app on your smartphone or tablet
Debit or credit card payments can be made at your convenience 24/7 through the allpay Payment App, available to download for free for Apple, Android and Windows smartphones
Payment via text
You can register with allpay to make payments via text message. You'll need your payment card and debit or credit card to register at allpay. Text ‘pay’ plus the text code you set up during registration along with the amount you want to pay and your password (the last four digits of your debit or credit card) to 81025. The pay by text service is available 24/7.