Making payments to Orbit
We offer a variety of ways for you to pay. Take a look at the options below and see which one is right for you.
- Direct debit
This is our preferred method of payment. It’s free, simple and convenient to arrange and ensures we receive your payments on time. More information is available on how direct debits work.
Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Orbit Group Limited will notify you 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Orbit Group Limited to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Orbit Group Limited or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Orbit Group Limited asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Privacy Notice (Version 2)
Apart from my rent or homeowner account what other accounts can I set up a direct debit?
- Supporting People - this is a sub account for which you pay for costs for your Independent Living costs like the use of you Orbit Response pendant etc. You should only choose this option if we have told you that you are required to pay for this service. If you are not sure whether you have to pay for this you can opt for a live chat or ask for someone to contact you via our website.
- Court Costs - this is where Orbit have taken you to court and we have been awarded costs to take you to court which you have to pay.
What is a Direct Debit?
It is a simple way to pay your Orbit rent or charges by making regular payments from your bank or building society account automatically.
What do I do if I have a query about a Direct Debit?
If you have any questions you can call us:
0800 678 1221
For Orbit Response and Orbit Group customers it is 02476 43800
How much will my Direct Debit take each time?
Once you have sent us your completed form, we will confirm the amount[s] and when we will start collecting at least 5 working says beforehand.
I am in arrears and want to change my method of payment to Direct Debit, can I do this?
Yes you can but you need to have an existing agreement with us. If you don’t or are unsure if you do, please contact us.
Why should I use Direct Debit?
It is quick and easy to set up. Payments will be made and credited to your account on time. There is no charge for paying this way.
You can download this information to keep if you wish
You can set up a direct debit online.
Alternatively you can print off a direct debit form and send it to us
Make sure you enter your Orbit account reference number, which can be found on your account statements. If you can’t access the forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Customer Service Centre.
If your charges change, your direct debit will be recalculated, taking into account the new amount due. We will confirm the new amounts to be taken from your account, giving you 5 working days’ notice of the change. If you receive benefits to help with your charges, and those payments are made directly to us, this might delay the process. Your direct debit won’t be changed until you receive the details of your new benefit entitlement.
You can cancel a direct debit at any time by contacting your bank or building society. Please also let us know.
- Online payment by debit or credit card
- Pay using an allpay app on your smartphone or tablet
- Payment via text
Use your payment card and debit or credit card to register at allpay. Text ‘pay’ plus the text code you set up during registration along with the amount you want to pay and your password (the last four digits of your debit or credit card) to 81025. Available 24/7.
You can also pay your rent by contacting our Customer Service Centre. You’ll need your tenancy reference number and your debit or credit card. You must be the card holder to pay using a credit or debit card. To make a payment call the customer service centre on:
0800 678 1221