Right to Buy
Council tenants, subject to certain eligibility criteria, will have the right to buy their home at a discount. If you were a secure council tenant at the time your home was sold to Orbit, you may have what is known as the Preserved Right to Buy.
The maximum discount available is £80,900 or £108,000 in London. The discount depends on the number of years you have been living in your current home and whether it is a flat or a house.
Am I eligible?
You may qualify for the Preserved Right to Buy if the following applies:
- You were a council tenant when your home was sold to Orbit
- The property is your only or main home
- You have been a secure tenant for at least 3 years (this does not have to be with the same housing association and can include time spent as a secure tenant of a local authority and the Armed Forces)
- You don’t live in sheltered or other housing suitable for elderly or disabled people
- You don’t have any legal problems with debt
- You don’t have any outstanding possession orders
You can find out more information on the Government’s official Right to Buy website or speak to one of the Government’s official Right to Buy agents on 0300 123 0913.
How to apply?
Email your completed application form to: HomeOwnership.Services@orbit.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can post the form to: Orbit Homeownership Services, PO Box 6406, Coventry CV3 9NB.