Orbit is a happy place to work where people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities, ensuring our services and products meet both their current and future needs.
Everyone is seen as an individual with the freedom to think differently. Orbit is one team where everyone is connected at all levels and their voice is always heard; everyone feels part of and contributes to the future of Orbit which is exciting and forward looking; and everyone takes pride in what they do, the results they achieve and the difference they make.
The bedrock of Orbit’s commercial approach of ‘Profit for a Purpose’ is our values of Invest, Driven, Innovative and Responsible, these guide the way we do things across every part of the organisation.
Leaders in Orbit are key influencers across all sectors. They are passionate, visionary and transformational, seeing where the organisation is going, but also keeping a relentless focus on delivering what we said we would achieve. Our leaders are fast paced, able to facilitate change and demonstrate a mixture of coach/mentor and innovator/risk taker.
Find out more about our people.
Our Leadership Journey
Rewards and Benefits
Orbit offers an attractive benefits package for employees which consists of a number of core benefits plus the option to select and purchase additional flexible benefits to suit your individual circumstances.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus - the opportunity to earn a bonus if the organisation achieves its targets and your individual performance meets the required standards
- 23, 25 or 28 days paid annual leave (job role dependent) rising by 1 day per year up to 4 additional days - plus nine additional statutory holidays
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance (with access to Benpal an on-line pension portal which includes an interactive modelling tool to model your contribution level and future benefits)
- Company sick pay (depending on length of service)
- Car allowance (where relevant to the job role)
- Reasonable business expenses reimbursed
- Private healthcare- employer funded for employee, with the option to pay for family members
- Recognition for long service in the form of monetary award and additional annual leave in milestone years
Additional flexible benefits :
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental cash plan
- Healthcare cash plan
- Employee discount scheme
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave
- Employee car salary sacrifice scheme
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted dining cards
- Health screening
- Home technology salary sacrifice scheme
- Employee assistance programme
Some of the additional flexible benefits listed above can be accessed via a salary sacrifice arrangement which means that the employee will usually make income tax and national insurance savings.
For Orbit to achieve its mission of ‘Building Communities’, we need the help of colleagues to improve the organisation and the services we offer.
Your Orbit (YO) is a staff forum – a group of staff representatives from each business area who work hard to be the ‘voice’ of their colleagues views and feedback, with the aim of improving the workplace for all staff members. It strives for openness, tolerance and freedom to question or make suggestions.
The forum in its current form was established in late 2008 and was put in place as a framework for discussion and consultation on matters affecting all employees. Since then, Your Orbit has evolved into what it is now; an active, influential and engaging forum making a real difference and impact on the organisation and its colleagues.
The objectives of Your Orbit are to:
• Work in partnership with senior management teams representing the views and voice of staff
• Act as a communications link on key business issues
• Work towards improving the quality of working life for all staff
• Help to inform and improve decision making within the organisation
Each local forum (Garden Court, Homes, and Orbit Living) meets quarterly, with all representatives getting together twice a year at the Your Orbit National Conferences.
Representatives regularly attend the monthly Executive Team meetings to share colleagues’ issues and feedback directly to senior members of staff.
Your Orbit also organises monthly dress down days (usually held on the last Friday of the month) to raise money for both local and national charities.
Your Orbit is proud to:
• Have increased engagement across the group regarding the Your Say Survey
• Have been involved with consultation regarding the new PDR process/documentation
• Have given assistance and support during restructures across the group
• Have consulted over Office Protocol
• Assist the business with its Wellbeing Agenda