Orbit Academy helps staff, board members, residents and other stakeholders to work, learn, manage and lead better. This supports our vision of building communities and builds our customer first culture of profit for a purpose.
The Academy particularly drives how we achieve two of Orbit’s values: innovation and excellence. It encourages people to imagine, question, think radically and never stop improving.
We offer six key types of support through the Academy:
• New to Orbit – induction for new starters to settle in and become effective quickly
• Skills for everyone – core knowledge and skills for the day job (coaching, mentoring, e learning)
• Improving the business – standards and support to develop the organisation (Talent Management, Equality & Diversity, staff forum)
• First Line management – support for new and potential managers (leadership development and practical management skills)
• Middle management – support for more experienced managers (leadership development and practical management skills)
• Strategic leadership – transforming the future (21st Century leadership and practical management skills)
The Academy Consultants provide in-house training, events and project support to help team members get the best from and for each other.
Take a look at the below documents to get an idea of the programmes we offer:
- Training for staff
Core employee training covers induction programmes, as well as subjects like:
- Equality and Diversity
- Effective business writing
- Time management
E-learning covers topics including Governance, ICT, and Health and Safety.
The Academy’s consultancy service also helps with:
- Team building Events
- Individual one-to-one sessions
- Psychometric profiling.
- Training for customers
The Academy aims to give customers important skills they can use in all areas of their life and in their involvement with us. These include:
- Teamwork skills
- Conflict resolution
The Academy’s Brian Griffiths Award gives customers the chance to apply for a grant to pay for training, further education or other projects that will improve their lives.
- Training for board members
The Orbit Academy offers board members induction programmes and ongoing learning to help them in their roles.