Orbit Smart Meter Trial
Orbit is committed to improving the energy efficiency of our properties. The UK government wants every home to have a smart meter by 2020. So we want to understand how to get the most benefits from smart meters for our customers, with the help of Economy Energy, who provide one of the UKs most competitive smart pay as you go tariffs.
Smart meters can help you understand exactly how much energy you are using in £ and p, daily/monthly/annually.
- What is a smart meter
Smart Energy GB is the not-for-profit campaign for the national smart meter rollout. It’s aim is to help everyone understand smart meters, the government's national rollout of smart meters and how people can use their new meters to get their gas and electricity under control. For more information visit their website smartenergyGB.org
Please take a look at this video, produced by Smart Energy GB, to find out more about how smart meters work.
- The benefits to you
Having a smart Meter fitted for free in your property will:
- Give you greater control of your energy usage and how much you spend on energy because the meter measures and records energy usage every 30 minutes
- Provide you with a wide choice of how to pay for your energy
- Mean you are helping Orbit plan how best to deliver smart meters to all our customers
You can see all the information collected by the smart meter on your in-home display. This will help you to monitor your household’s energy usage and potentially save money.
Using your in-home display you can:
- See your energy usage
- See the cost of consumption in pounds and pence
- Display the tariff
- Compare your daily usage
- Show your current balance
- Get a warning when your credit is running low
- Set credit alerts
- Set target usage
- Change your usage targets and credit alert
Have a look at the video below, produced by Smart Energy GB, which explains how to make the most of a smart meter display (in-home display unit):
- The benefits for Orbit
A condition of the trial will be that you agree to Economy Energy sharing your energy consumption data with Orbit. We will use this data to:
- Check whether your recent or future energy efficiency upgrades lower your energy bills
- Support tenants who may struggle to pay their energy bills
- How to take part
If you have been invited to join you will need to check tariffs and get a personal energy quote from Economy Energy. You do this by clicking the link at the bottom of this page. You then need to:
- Agree to switch to Economy Energy and to participate in the trial
- Switch energy supply to Economy Energy
- Complete the sign up
Once completed we will arrange the smart meter installation:
- at a time and date to suit you
- which will take approximately 1 hour to install one meter; 1.5 hrs to install two (i.e. electricity AND gas)
When the smart meter is fitted, the engineer will give you a demonstration of the smart meter and in-home display. Once it is installed the trial will begin.
You can leave the trial at any point. If you do, any feedback on why you are leaving the project will help us improve things for future trials.
If you continue with the trial, you will be invited (in the eleventh month) to extend the trial for a further year. Again we will ask you for feedback on your experiences during the trial, both good and bad. You may also be asked to be part of a ‘case study’ to promote smart meters to other Orbit customers. If you are asked to be part of a case study, you can always say 'no' if you prefer.
If you are interested in joining the trial please click on the link below: