Over the past year, Orbit Group has continued to tackle the country’s housing crisis and make a real difference to thousands of people’s lives.
To bring this year’s successes to life, we are delighted to share our annual report for 2013-14.
The last year has been a busy one for the sector, with housing continuing to be an important topic on the political agenda.
Orbit’s 2020 Vision is starting to become a reality, as we balance our ambitions with a continuing focus on day-to-day delivery to meet customer need.
Our key successes for 2013-14 include:
- Achieving our largest ever surplus of £67million, with £38million coming from property sales and stock rationalisation
- Building 865 homes and have a target of more than 1,300 in the coming year, which is building towards our target of 12,000 new homes by 2020
- Investing £61million in our stock
- Completing 4,021 Help to Buy completions, and 106 market sales
- Investing £1.6million in communities, with a target of £1.8million in 2014-15, as part of our target to deliver £30million by 2020
- Providing employment support to 1,662 customers.