Repairs service standards
When you report a repair:
1. We will tell you whether the work is covered within your tenancy agreement and whether we will undertake it for you
2. We will tell you if the work can be ordered immediately or offer you an appointment within 7 calendar days for a pre work inspection
3. If the repair is deemed to be an emergency, we will attend within 4 hours from the time of your request to make safe and attempt to complete the repair within 24 hours ensuring that your home is safe and essential services are restored
4. If the repair is deemed to be essential, we will attend within 24 hours from the time of your request and attempt to complete the repair ensuring that your home is safe and essential services are restored
- We aim to complete all emergency and essential repairs on the first visit, however if this isn’t possible we will agree a date with you to complete the remaining works
5. For all routine repairs we will offer you the first available appointment or a date after this convenient for you, and aim to complete the repair within 28 days from the date of your request
- For information on which type of repairs are deemed to be an emergency, urgent or routine please refer to the table below.
6. In some cases there will be works due to their nature and size which may take longer than 28 days, we will advise you of the reasons why and agree a date with you to arrange for the works to be completed
7. We will keep you informed of any delays
8. We will ensure that our contractors keep appointments and that they are polite, helpful and treat your home with respect
9. We will investigate all cases where you have advised the service was not acceptable and ensure appropriate action is taken to resolve the matter
10. We will monitor how our staff and contractors are performing including the standard of work delivered and the conduct of those who carried out the repairs.
- EMERGENCY - ATTEND WITHIN 4 HOURS, COMPLETE WITHIN 24 HOURS
This priority is ONLY used where there is an IMMEDIATE RISK to the resident’s health or security.
- Board up for security Gas leaks/supply failure
- Burst to water supply/loss of supply
- Total loss of electrical supply
- Blocked toilet (where there is only one in the property)
- ESSENTIAL – ATTEND AND COMPLETE WITHIN 24 HOURS
This priority is to be used when there is a risk to the resident or the property if the repair is not dealt with quickly.
- Partial loss of power Unsafe power, lighting, electrical fitting (where there is immediate danger).
- Partial loss of water supply
- Partial loss of gas supply
- Blocked flue to open fire or boiler
- Total or partial loss of space or water heating (31st October to 1st May)
- Blocked or leaking foul drain, soil stack or toilet pan (where no other toilet in property)
- Leak from water or heating pipe, tank or cistern
- Leaking roof
- Loose or detached banister or handrail
- Rotten timber flooring or stair tread
- Fire door closures
- To make safe and secure
- ROUTINE – NEXT AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT, COMPLETE WITHIN 28 CALENDAR DAYS
These are repairs that do not cause serious inconvenience.
- Extractor fan to internal kitchen or bathroom not working
- Externally leaking overflows
- Defective light fittings/sockets
- Minor plumbing leaks e.g. waste pipes/radiator valves
- Total or partial loss of space or water heating (30th April to 1st November)
- Tap which cannot be turned
- Cupboard/sink units
- Internal doors/fittings
- Floor/wall tiling
- Window adjustment