Orbit insure the structure of your home but our cover doesn’t include what’s inside it (your furniture and your personal belongings).

If you have to replace the contents of your home it might be very expensive. We strongly recommend that you get your personal belongings insured against events including:

  • accidental damage
  • fire
  • theft
  • flooding

This insurance does not have to be expensive. You also should be able to get a quote for the cost without having to take out a policy. We can help you to do this if you want us to.

Orbit work with a major insurer to offer home contents insurance that can be paid in monthly instalments. The policy provides cover on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear at competitive rates. This means that if anything in your home is stolen or damaged, it will be replaced with a new version of the item, regardless of the age of the original. This pack has the details, or you can contact us for more information.