Supporting you to be involved
Did you know we offer training?
We offer a range of training to help you become involved and build up or re-fresh your personal skills. We are finalising what will be available for the coming twelve months and will publish details here soon. If you would like more information in the short term please e-mail us at email@example.com
All training sessions are free. We also have access to a range of courses delivered by other organisations and housing providers. Please click here to access the training brochures
Our colleagues in Community Investment can also support you with other skills; including getting online and improving your digital skills as well as building confidence and getting into work no matter how close or far away that is.
Supporting you with reasonable costs
Customers that meet us face-to-face will be offered expenses to cover all reasonable costs including mileage or public transport costs or support to attend. What we cover is listed in our expenses policy:
Download en expenses form here
There are many benefits to being involved
It is really important to us that customers are involved in what we do, have a say on how we deliver services and help us make improvements. By getting involved and volunteering with us you can:
- Influence decisions and the way we do things
- Help us provide a better service, making sure that you get the services you need and want, when you want them
- Make sure you get value for money from the rent and service charges that you pay
- Help make decisions that affect your neighbourhood
- Create a better sense of community where you live
- Have the chance to obtain funding to improve where you live
- Make a difference and see the results of your involvement in services and your neighbourhood.
Getting involved isn’t just about helping us; it can benefit you too. For example:
- Improving career options
- Free training and development courses
- Assistance in accessing accredited training and obtaining nationally recognised qualifications
- Discover things that you are really good at
- Learn new skills
- Develop transferable skills that can be used in employment
- Develop your communication skills
- Improve your confidence and life skills
- Meet new people from different backgrounds
- Be able to put your volunteer work on your CV
What do our customers say about us?
Here are a few comments from customers about their experiences of being involved.
'Orbit staff know their subject areas very well, able to answer any questions thrown at therm.' 'Good information given – as in clear, concise and personally easy to grasp.' 'I felt my input was valued.'
We offer a range of training to help you become involved and build up or re-fresh your personal skills. We are finalising what will be available for the coming twelve months and will publish here in the near future. If you would more information in the short term please e-mail us