Introduction to Advice Services
The Advice Services Team work to support customers who may need a little extra help whilst they are an Orbit tenant. We provide flexible and professional support services that can help with your budgeting or debt problems, maximise your income, ensure you are receiving the right benefits or offer a one-to-one support plan. We can work with you in your own home, or, if we cannot help, signpost you to other more appropriate support agencies.
Advice Services consists of both specialist Money Advisors and Tenancy Support Officers who offer free, friendly and confidential advice and support.
We can help:
- If you are having trouble managing your debts
- If you need advice and help claiming benefits
- If you have problems with budgeting
- If you need help finding a bank account
- If you are looking for advice on loans and savings
- If you need support to maintain your tenancy.
Three Things You Should Know
- We will not make any judgements about the reasons for your financial difficulties
- We will do all we can to help you stay in your home
- We keep anything you discuss with us confidential and will not reveal any information to creditors without your permission.
We can support you in setting up your home, offer advice on keeping your home safe and secure, help you with financial matters, or put you in touch with a wide range of specialist organisations that can support your needs.
- Lost your job?
Losing your job and having to look for a new one can make it difficult to make ends meet. This page will help you make the most of your limited funds.
We know how important it is to support you to find work. Our dedicated employment support officers can help you. If you would like to find out more about how our employment support officers can help contact us.
Some useful links for job hunters can be found below:
- Starting a new job?
Congratulations on your new job. You now need to check how any changes in your financial circumstances might affect any benefits you receive. You can do this by using two services we’ve tailored to help you prepare. The links below will help you work out how much money you’ll take home: