Everyone at Orbit is focused on achieving the mission of Building Communities by working together to improve the social, economic and environmental prospects of people and communities.
That’s why in 2013 we launched our 2020 Vision, with nine really ambitious targets to provide the best homes and services possible for our 100,000 customers. Read our 2020 Vision and Outcomes document
Our goals to 2020
We wanted to aim high. Our nine targets to achieve by 2020 are:
- Deliver 12,000 new homes
- Provide a full range of home rental and ownership options
- Provide a flexible housing ‘journey’ for customers
- Provide 10,000 training and capacity building activities to support empowerment, opportunity and jobs
- Deliver £30m of investment into communities, including external funding
- Achieve a minimum energy rating of Band C in our homes
- Ensure 75% of customer transactions are taking place online
- Provide a range of tailored services which satisfy 90% of customers
- Provide financial and energy efficiency advice to 20,000 people
Other publications and research on 2020
We asked six of the country’s leading experts to give their opinion on what the world would look like in 2020 in areas like sustainability, social policy and the economy. Their ideas were published in the Housing 2020 Report, and you can view a video of the launch event. We also worked with the London School of Economics (LSE) and more than 100 local people to understand what services they wanted now and in the future. The LSE findings are in the Bigger than Business summary report.
In November 2013 a report on the future of neighbourhoods was published by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR). We were involved in the report and you can find a copy here: Love thy neighbourhood
If you have any questions about Orbit 2020, you can email Orbit2020@orbit.org.uk.